Sunday, July 13, 2014

5 things I'm going to do this school year




I don't know about you, but I am so overwhelmed by all the amazing ideas out there. Honestly, I want to implement 100 new things in my room this year. However.... I would NOT like to go insane this year, so I have created my 5 things list. So here we go:

1. Interactive notebooks for Science and ELA. I teach 6th grade ELA and Science, and instead of just trying it with one class, I am going ALL in and doing it with all groups! I am really enjoying the products from The Science Penguin and Lovin Lit to help me get started!

2. Stations! Omg... I am so nervous about this one. I am a "newish" teacher, so I am not 100% confident in my management abilities. I hope with lots of planning and prep, it will be great!

3. Constructive and Extended response practice EVERY week to prepare my students for the new Georgia Mile Stones test.

4. Short Weekly Formative Assessments to collect data and to drive my instruction.

5. Constant and meaningful communication with Students and Parents.

Narrowing down my list helps me focus on making these 5 things great!

What is your "new thing to try" this year?

1 comment:

  1. I love your post! It really got me thinking about what I want to introduce to my classroom next year. I wrote a blog post about my 5 things to try.

    You can check it out!
    Teaching Redefined

    ReplyDelete